TechFW Entrepreneurial Intern Scholars Program (EISP)
Undergraduate entrepreneurial students are matched with TechFW clients to complete a summer internship inside a startup technology company. They receive valuable experience working with up-and-coming businesses and see the challenges and triumphs of entrepreneurism. And, the companies receive the benefit of a bright, industrious and entrepreneurially minded TCU student to help them with a meaningful project.
The Entrepreneurial Intern Scholars Program is made possible through financial support from donors who want to ensure that TCU students have the opportunity to work for entrepreneurial start-up companies. The financial support donors provide allows student interns who are working with TechFW client firms to receive a stipend. Many of the firms incubating at TechFW are “pre-revenue” and could not provide this internship, or receive the benefit of the work done by a TCU student, without our donors’ financial support.
Making the Match
- Each spring, students submit resumes and essays detailing why they’d like to be in the program and what they hope to gain from the experience.
- The best are chosen and the students then meet with the businesses. Each student presents a brief pitch to the companies, and each company presents a brief pitch to the students. Each ranks the other.
- We meet with the operations manager at TECH Fort Worth, review the submitted rankings and make the assignment.
On The Job
- Student interns work over the summer — completing the project they are assigned.
- Each student makes periodic reports to the NEC and to TechFW staff about their work.
Dates and Deadlines 2014
- Friday March 27th– Application Deadline– Deadline for students to submit their application through the form below.
- Tuesday March 31, 2015- Students will be notified if they have been chosen to present at the Live Pitch night.
- Thursday April 2nd- Live Pitch Night- Selected students will be asked to give a 2 minutes pitch followed by presentation from the TechFW clients accepting interns. (To qualify, you must be available from 5:15 PM to 7:00 PM)
- Friday April 3rd- Deadline for students and CEO’s to submit their Top 3 Rankings.
- Monday April 6th – Students will be notified of the ranking results.
- Wednesday April 8th- Deadline for students to accept or decline their internship offer.